Idaho Malpractice Insurance
Table of Contents
- How to buy medical malpractice insurance in Idaho.
- How to save money on your malpractice insurance.
- How much does medical malpractice insurance cost in Idaho?
- Medical malpractice requirements in Idaho.
- Best medical malpractice insurance companies in Idaho.
- Why partner with Cunningham Group in Idaho?
- Historic medical malpractice insurance rates in Idaho – since 2000.
- History of malpractice insurance in Idaho.
- Resources for Physicians.
Idaho Malpractice Insurance
Idaho malpractice insurance rates are some of the lowest in the country, likely due to the state’s physician-friendly tort system.
Our 2023 Physician Buyers Guide for purchasing malpractice insurance in Idaho gives you the information necessary to obtain the strongest, most financially secure policy at the best price. When shopping for coverage, you need a full view of the Idaho marketplace to find the company that best fits your situation. Choose a broker that can offer multiple quotes from all the major malpractice insurance companies in Idaho.
How to buy malpractice insurance in Idaho.
The best way to buy malpractice coverage is to work with a reputable malpractice insurance broker in Idaho who can generate multiple quotes. Your broker will walk you through the lengthy insurance application and underwriting process. Click to get medical malpractice insurance quotes from every major Idaho malpractice insurance company.
Typically, the malpractice insurance purchasing process goes like this:
- Submit your information for your free medical malpractice insurance quote from every major insurance company in Idaho.
- One of our veteran malpractice insurance agents who specializes in the Idaho market will contact you to learn more about your specific needs.
- We shop your coverage to every major insurance company in Idaho.
- We present you with a number of insurance quotes and give you the information necessary to make an educated and informed decision. Don’t worry. We’re here every step of the way, helping you get the best price with the best company.
- At renewal time, we restart the process of shopping your coverage among every major carrier to keep your policy properly priced.
How to save money on your malpractice insurance.
- The easiest way to save money on your medical malpractice insurance policy is by working with a broker who has the access to generate quotes from every major insurance company, offering an accurate view of the marketplace. As one of the top brokers in Idaho, we can guide you through the application and underwriting process so you’re confident you secured the best price with the right insurer for your situation.
- The most common limits in Idaho are $1 million/$3 million. Limits of liability play a major role in determining the overall cost of your policy. Some companies will offer lower limits to save you money. We don’t recommend this. We want your risks fully indemnified so you never have to pay an award out of pocket. Let us save you money by shopping your coverage rather than skimp on protection..
- Check out our 7 secrets your medical malpractice insurance agent won’t tell you page to get insider information on buying coverage in Idaho.
How much does medical malpractice insurance cost in Idaho?
Rates for physician malpractice insurance don’t vary much depending on where you practice within the state. Most major insurance companies classify Idaho as a single territory, which means your specialty’s base rate does not vary depending on your practice address. But you still want multiple quotes to get an accurate view of the marketplace. This is one of the many reasons it’s important to work with an insurance agency that specializes in medical malpractice insurance. Below are mature, base rates with no credits or discounts. We typically get our clients a 30-50% reduction from these rates:
- Internal Medicine Average Rate $4,951
- General Surgeon Average Rate $17,823
- OB/gyn – Average Rate $22,817
The cost of your malpractice coverage can vary greatly due to a number of factors, including your claims history, the type of patient interactions you have, the insurance company you are placed with and more. Cunningham Group created this premium estimation tool by drawing from its database of thousands of physician clients. Below are five malpractice estimation premium buckets to gauge how expensive your coverage should be. The buckets are numbered 1 to 5 — with #1 being the least expensive and #5 the most costly.
Medical malpractice requirements in Idaho.
Limits of Liability: The most common limits of liability in Idaho are $1 million per claim with an annual aggregate cap of $3 million.
Most hospitals require a physician carry malpractice insurance prior to granting admitting privileges. Some of the hospital systems requiring this include, but are not limited to, St. Luke’s and St. Alphonsus in Boise,
Best Medical malpractice insurance companies in Idaho.
- Medical Protective
- The Doctors Company
Why partner with Cunningham Group?
Partnering with Cunningham Group will give you a full view of the Idaho marketplace.. Our veteran insurance agents average 10+ years of industry experience. Let us help you secure medical malpractice insurance quotes from every major insurance company in Idaho.
Historic Medical Malpractice Insurance Rates in Idaho for Physicians.
Brief History and other important facts of medical malpractice insurance in Idaho.
According to the Institute for Legal Reform’s 2019 report, Ranking the States: A Survey of the Fairness and Reasonableness of State Liability Systems, Idaho ranked ninth overall. The Institute for Legal Reform is an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and compiles their rankings based on a variety of factors, including having and enforcing meaningful venue requirements, damages, timeliness of judgment or dismissal, competence and impartiality of judges and fairness of juries.
Tort Reform in Idaho
Tort reform measures have restructured many aspects of Idaho’s medical liability system. Reforms include a $250,000 cap on noneconomic damages for all personal injury and wrongful death cases, including medical malpractice suits. The cap is set to vary with inflation, based on the Idaho Industrial Commission’s adjustment of the “annual living wage.” There is no cap on total damages, and the noneconomic cap does not apply to willful or reckless conduct or to felonious acts. Other reforms in the Gem State include joint liability reform and use of collateral source when determining awards.
Resources for Idaho Physicians.
Idaho Medical Association
Medical Malpractice Insurance Guide
Idaho Department of Insurance
Professional and Vocational Licensing
Idaho Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
Hawaii Health Information Exchange
All MD Idaho Healthcare Defense Attorney Listing