Medical Malpractice Insurance Quotes from Every Major Carrier
Part-Time Malpractice Insurance
Table of Contents
- Top 5 things doctors need to know about part time malpractice insurance.
- Why doctors are buying more part time policies?
- How we help doctors buy malpractice insurance.
- Does it cost you extra to work with a malpractice insurance agent or broker?
- The Ultimate Physician Medical Malpractice Insurance Guide
Part-Time Malpractice Insurance
Part-time malpractice insurance is simply coverage available for physicians that work less than 20 hours a week.
Top 5 things doctors need to know about part time malpractice insurance.
- Most liability insurance companies consider 20 hours or less to be part-time to offer a part-time medical malpractice insurance policy.
- Part-time med-mal policy premiums tend to be 35-65% less than regular/full-time premiums.
- In order to issue part-time med-mal coverage, many insurance companies require their physicians to sign an affidavit, saying that they are working 20 hours or less per week.
- Med mal liability companies may send a representative to their part-time med-mal clients’ offices to further verify their 20 hour or less work schedules.
- Part-time med-mal coverage isn’t just for physicians who don’t want to fully retire or for physicians who want to balance work and family life. We often suggest that physicians who are just starting out, and building a practice, may want to consider part-time med mal coverage, if it make sense for them. Because it often takes time to build a practice, most physicians who are starting their own practice don’t work full-time from day 1 –they gradually build up to practicing full-time. Recognizing this can save a physician thousands of dollars –especially at a time when every dollar counts.
Why doctors are buying more part time policies?
There’s a great article on The DO, entitled, “More doctors are choosing to work part-time,” about the growing trend of physicians creating their own, flexible schedules to meet their lifestyle goals. This trend comes as no surprise, as it seems that this is the way of the rest of the working world right now. We here at Cunningham Group are also seeing this trend of physicians needing part-time med mal policies. Especially coming out of the post-COVID period. Doctors are following the national trend where they want more of their time back. (See the article for all of the interesting details of who fits this new demographic.)
How we help doctors buy malpractice insurance.
- You will submit your information through a secure medical malpractice insurance quote form.
- You can always call us and speak to an agent immediate.
- A veteran medical malpractice insurance agent will be assigned to you.
- We shop your coverage to every major malpractice insurance company in your state.
- Your agent will take the time and go over all of your options with you, explaining everything to make certain you make the right decision.
- We get you your insurance policy at the best price with a major insurance company.
- At renewal time: We start the shopping process all over again, getting you quotes from all the major malpractice insurance companies to again make certain you’re properly priced.
Does it cost you extra to work with a malpractice insurance agent or broker?
Our service costs you nothing. In the medical malpractice insurance industry, agent commissions are already built into your premium, so you pay the same amount for coverage whether you use an agent or purchase directly from the insurance company. Let us be your advocate. Request your free medical malpractice quote and learn why thousands of doctors have selected us as their medical malpractice insurance agent.
The Ultimate Physician Medical Malpractice Insurance Guide
We’ve created the ultimate medical malpractice insurance guide for physicians that can answer almost any question you may have — either before you buy or you have an active policy. This guide applies to all physician specialties in every state.