We hope this insider info helps you in getting the best possible price on your Malpractice Insurance Tail Coverage.
7 Secrets of Tail Malpractice Coverage your Agent Won’t Tell You
Even if you don’t partner with us, these secrets will still help you find the best coverage at the best price.
1. You don’t need to buy Tail Malpractice Insurance from your current carrier
You may need to buy Tail Malpractice Insurance, but you don’t need to buy it from your current carrier. You can choose from a variety of A-rated insurers – often at a much lower cost.
2. Choose a lifetime Tail policy
Avoid problems down the road by opting for a lifetime tail policy. Get “peace of mind” by staying away from low-cost, short-term tails that can leave you with no coverage when you need it and high out-of-pocket costs.
3. Make sure your Tail policy has the same cover limits as your current policy
Make sure your tail policy has the same cover limits as your current policy – or even higher limits if you can get them. Your tail will be the only cover you have for any future claims that arise from your practice period, covered Medical Malpractice Insurance Specialists by your tail policy.
4. A third party may be obligatedto pay for your Tail
A third party (employer, etc.) may be obligated to pay for your tail – check any agreements you have before purchasing it yourself!
5. It’s always the smart choice to buy Tail
It’s always the smart choice to buy tail so you avoid future out-of-pocket claims costs, whether or not your state or employer requires it.
6. Check a tail insurers’ financial rating before purchasing a policy
Always check a tail insurers’ financial rating before purchasing a policy! If your insurer goes out of business, you can end up with no coverage for claims – as well as having to buy another tail policy from a different carrier.
7. Make sure you don’t miss the 30-day grace period from policy cancellation
Make sure you don’t miss the 30-day grace period from policy cancellation to buying tail that most insurers provide. If you DO miss the grace period, you can still buy a tail policy, but your options may be limited.