Medical Malpractice Insurance Quotes from Every Major Carrier
Moonlighting Malpractice Insurance
Moonlighting Malpractice Insurance
What is a Moonlighting Physician?
Medical care moonlighting has grown in popularity over the last several years. With reimbursements for Medicare and Medicaid lower since the passage of Obamacare, and the number of eligible patients going up, doctors are embracing the opportunities that this situation presents. Moonlighting (taking on a second job) is a way for medical care providers to supplement their income by providing their expertise at healthcare facilities in need. Medical practitioners can participate in moonlighting opportunities at any point of their career, as long as their current employment contract does not prohibit it.
Some physicians may choose to moonlight as a way to give back to the medical community. Menoting newer physicians gives doctors with successful careers another way to contribute to the profession in a meaningful way. Physicians can moonlight their medical expertise over a wide variety of expertise. Sometimes they may require additional training or certifications.
Examples of Moonlighting Opportunities:
- Works well for moonlighting because it allows you to work remotely between shifts on your own designated time.
- These are temporary roles to help fill in employment gaps and physician shortages. You may be able to find these short term positions at your current hospital or clinic.
Rural Area Support
- Many rural towns are struggling with a shortage of medical practitioners. Moonlighting at rural clinics, hospitals and other health care facilities is not only a good opportunity but also provides much needed medical care to the community.
Unique Moonlighting Malpractice Insurance Considerations
- Confirm that your current employment contract does not prohibit you from moonlighting.
- Don’t assume your current policy will cover you: Many physicians will try to have their primary liability insurance company pick up their extra hours, but usually they will exclude coverage for anything outside the doctor’s full-time practice. Most moonlighting policies are part-time. This means that the liability policy covers the physician for 20 hours or less per week. Physicians should be aware that the policies contain the same features as their full-time coverage, and if they leave the policy, and they have purchased a claims-made policy, they will have to purchase a tail.
- Different positions require different kinds of policies: Most of the admitted insurance companies will cover a moonlighting position, but it depends on the situation. Some moonlighting positions require approaching a surplus lines company. For instance, a physician that moonlights at a nursing home and treats another doctor’s patients, will more than likely have to go to a surplus lines company. Another example would be a doctor doing weight loss or certain medi-spa treatments.
- Moonlighting outside of your specialty: Most liability insurance companies will require proof-of-training in order to provide coverage.
- Know the details of your position: It is important to provide as much detail as possible about your moonlighting position to your liability agent when seeking coverage. You should provide your agent with : Name and address of position location, speciality, duties & responsibilities, number of hours per week and effective coverage date.
Save Money by Working with a Malpractice Insurance Agent
You can save money on your medical malpractice insurance by working with an insurance agent or broker. Brokers shop for the best available policies to determine which ones are best suited for your unique needs at the lowest cost. In the medical malpractice insurance industry, agent commissions are already built into your premium. You pay the same amount for coverage whether you use an agent or purchase directly from the insurance company. Let us be your advocate. Request your free medical malpractice insurance quote now.
Why Moonlighting Physicians Choose Cunningham Group
Moonlighting physicians choose Cunningham Group because we are one of the few medical malpractice insurance agencies that take the time to understand your specific employment situation and your approach to patient care. With access to every major medical malpractice insurance company in every state, our team is uniquely qualified to get you the best coverage at the most affordable price. Most agents only have access to one or two medical malpractice insurance companies. Our almost-universal access lets us shop your coverage among nearly every available company, which means malpractice insurers compete for your business.
How Does the Process Work?
- You will submit your information through a secure medical malpractice insurance quote form.
- You can always call us and speak to an agent immediately.
- A veteran medical malpractice insurance broker will be assigned to you.
- We shop your Medical Moonlighting Insurance to every major malpractice insurance company in your state.
- Your agent will take the time and go over all of your options with you, explaining everything to make certain you make the right decision.
- We get you your insurance policy at the best price with a major insurance company.
- At renewal time: We start the shopping process all over again, getting you quotes from all the major malpractice insurance companies to again make certain you’re properly priced.
Request your free medical malpractice insurance quote and learn why more people choose us over anyone else in the nation.
The Ultimate Physician Medical Malpractice Insurance Guide
We’ve created the ultimate medical malpractice insurance guide for physicians that can answer almost any question you may have — either before you buy or you have an active policy. This guide applies to all physician specialties in every state.