Top 5 Reasons a Local Med Mal Agent is Not for You
While we here at MyMedicalMalpracticeInsurance.com like to think globally and act locally as often as possible, it is not the best practice for physicians to go with their local med mal agent.
Here are our Top 5 reasons why physicians should not use a local med mal agent, and instead, should use a nationally-known med mal insurance agency:
1. Local med mal agents often run small practices with limited support staff and hours. When you have a question about your policy, you don’t want to have to deal with an agent that’s not available or a support staff that is unable to help you.
2. Your local med mal agent may not specialize in physician liability insurance. Therefore, he or she may not have access to the most insurance companies in your state and therefore cannot get you the most competitive prices on your policy. Also, a local agent may not be familiar with the details of different companies, different kinds of policies and potential discounts available to you.
3. Because you may not work in the same state for your entire career, it’s good to develop a relationship with an agent who has experience and licensing in multiple states.
4. If you have had multiple claims you need an agent who has access to surplus, non-admitted carriers and risk retention groups (RRGs). Typically, local med mal agents don’t have this kind of access or experience with these companies.
5. You want a company that you know isn’t going anywhere –one that is well-established in the national medical liability insurance field and one that has thousands of satisfied clients. After all, a med mal policy is one of your biggest expenses as a physician.
MyMedicalMalpracticeInsurance.com is poised to meet your med mal needs –no matter what they are. We have agents licensed in every state with access to all of the national insurance carriers and most of the regional ones. So, whether you are a physician fresh out of residency or a well into your career, we can provide you with experience and give you the best value and coverage for your med mal dollar. So, although you may be tempted to go with your local med mal agent, we don’t recommend it.