Medical Malpractice Insurance for Radiologists
In the United States, radiology is a high-growth specialty that is becoming increasingly competitive with the advent of new technologies. The American Board of Radiology (ABR) certified radiologists and the American College of Radiology is the largest professional organization for radiologists with more than 30,000 members.
What is Radiologist’s Medical Malpractice Insurance?
Medical professional liability insurance is a type of professional liability insurance designed to protect licensed healthcare professionals from potential malpractice claims. Doctors practicing radiology should carry medical malpractice insurance to protect their career and their finances. Costs associated with defending lawsuits related to such claims are also covered under most malpractice insurance coverage plans.
Importance of Medical Malpractice Insurance for Radiologists
Radiologists work in a variety of settings, including diagnostic imaging centers, radiation therapy treatment clinics, hospitals, and private practices. They are responsible for diagnosing and at times treating patients with medical radiation. There is risk involved in each aspect of a radiologist’s responsibilities. Malpractice insurance provides reassurance and protection from potential litigation. There are also subspecialties of radiology that present their own specific risks.
Radiology practitioners’ careers and finances are protected with medical malpractice insurance.
Cost of Radiologist Malpractice Insurance
Radiology does not include as many high-risk, highly invasive procedures as a surgical specialty, so radiologists do not pay the highest premiums for malpractice insurance, but they are also not at the low end of the spectrum. This means that radiologists can expect to pay less than, for example, obstetricians or neurosurgeons, but more than internists or psychiatrists for professional liability insurance. Premiums vary greatly based on factors such as geographic location, hours worked and patients seen per week, previous claims, and previous practice experience. Rates are much lower in rural, non-litigious states, like Texas than in urban and litigious states like New York.
Dig deeper into how much medical malpractice insurance costs.
Factors that Affect Malpractice Insurance Premiums:
Amount of coverage needed
- More coverage means a higher premium
Type of policy preferred
- Every policy is different, every medical practitioner has different needs
- Higher-risk specialties that require unique expertise will naturally have higher premiums
- Longer working hours ( more strained individuals) will have higher premiums
Previous malpractice claims history
- If you have a history of claims, insurance companies will see you as a higher risk and require a higher premium to cover you
How Does the Medical Malpractice Agent Process Work?
- You will submit your information through a secure medical malpractice insurance quote form.
- You can always call us and speak to an agent immediately.
- A veteran radiologist malpractice insurance broker will be assigned to you.
- We shop your physician malpractice insurance to every major malpractice insurance company.
- Your insurance agent will take the time and go over all of your options with you, explaining everything to make certain you make the right decision.
- We get you your insurance policy at the best price with a major insurance company.
- At renewal time: We start the shopping process all over again, getting you quotes from all the major malpractice insurance companies to again make certain you’re properly priced.
Why Radiology Physicians Choose Cunningham Group for Coverage
Cunningham Group provides a personalized experience at no cost to ensure you are with the best insurance fit for you and your needs. Radiology physicians practice across a wide variety of settings and states vary in rules and regulations, making it important for our insurance agents to take the time to get to know your unique practice and employment situation. This way, our agents can find you the most appropriate family medicine doctor malpractice insurance policy to ensure you are covered adequately. We do this by working with all of the major medical malpractice insurance carriers in your state. These relationships with top insurance carriers allow us to get you the best price.
Be sure to ask your insurance agent if you qualify for any professional discounts. You may qualify for a discount if you are “new to the practice,” have not had a recent claim, and/or are willing to complete an online risk management course with your carrier.
Cunningham Group has helped thousands of radiology doctors find the right malpractice coverage. We have access to different options in your state to ensure you get the right coverage.
Our service costs you nothing. In the medical malpractice insurance industry, agent commissions are already built into your premium. You pay the same amount for coverage whether you use an agent or purchase directly from the insurance company. Let us be your advocate. Request your free radiologist malpractice insurance quote now.
The Ultimate Medical Malpractice Insurance Guide
We’ve created the ultimate medical malpractice insurance guide for doctors that can answer almost any question you may have — either before you buy or while you have an active policy. This guide applies to all healthcare professionals in every state.