Nominate your favorite physician for a MAFP award
Do you have an outstanding, caring physician in your community that deserves the title â€œMissouri Family Physician of the Year?” The Missouri Academy of Family Physicians is now seeking nominations for for the award to be presented June 9, 2007, during MAFP’s annual banquet meeting in Lake Ozark.
Nominations may be made by the public, as well as by physicians. Nominees should be a family physician in practice at least five years. Additional criteria for the award include:
* Membership in the Missouri AFP and AAFP and at least five years experience in family medicine
* Board certified in family medicine and/or an AAFP Fellow verified by MAFP staff
* Recognized by peers as an excellent physician
* Socially aware and directly and effectively involved in affairs and activities that enhance the quality of life in the community
* Provides the community with compassionate, comprehensive and caring medical service on a continuing basis
* Provides a credible role model as a healer and human being to the community and as a professional in the science and art of medicine to colleagues, other health professionals, residents, and medical students
* Presents a good public image
The deadline for nominations is March 16, 2007. For a nomination form go here.
Founded in 1947, the Missouri Academy of Family Physicians is a non-profit professional medical association of more than 1,500 physicians, residents and medical students across the state. MAFP is dedicated to optimizing the health of patients, families, and communities of Missouri through patient care, advocacy, education, and research. Its headquarters is in Jefferson City.
The MAFP is a constituent chapter of the American Academy of Family Physicians, the largest medical specialty society in the United States, representing over 90,000 family physicians nationwide. The AAFP is headquartered in Leawood, KS.