3 Top 3 Lists about the Health Insurance Marketplace
The Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Marketplace opens today, October 1, and undoubtedly you will be facing questions from your patients about it and how they can get coverage. The American Medical Association has put together several brief, yet very informative, documents for patients and physicians.
Here is a link to the new Health Insurance Marketplace for your patients to shop for coverage.
Here are the Top 3 Dates that you and your patients should know about the Health Insurance Marketplace right now:
1. Coverage can be purchased starting today, Oct 1, 2013.
2. Coverage can start as early as Jan 1, 2014.
3. The Health Insurance Marketplace will be open until March 31, 2014 for coverage in 2014.
The AMA has put together 3 resources for physicians for their own self-eduction and for their offices:
1. An FAQ sheet on Answers to Common Questions from Patients
2. A fact sheet about ACA Implementation
3. A flyer to post in your office
The AMA has also assembled 3 documents for patients that physicians should make available in their offices:
1. An informational brochure: About the Health Insurance Marketplace
2. An informational brochure about How the Marketplace Works
3. A pocket patient card with important contact information for patients
Finally, information is also available in Spanish.